Junior Software Engineer
Full Time – Permanent – 0 to 5 years experience
To consolidate its Software team, Alterface is hiring a Junior Software Engineer.
In this role you will:
- Develop projects from specification to on-site installation by using our proprietary development language Salto
- Understand legacy code, add new features and complete bug fixes.
- Design, develop and implement unit tests and tooling solutions in C# or C++
- Produce of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
- Under the guidance of senior-level engineers, successfully implement development processes, coding best practices and code reviews.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Support software and maintenance team during their on-site installation
- Experience with source control systems (GIT, SVN…)
- Experience with some applicable development languages is preferable: C++, C#, Python,…
- Fluent French and English written and spoken
- Able to communicate directly with clients and partners
- Experience with Unity or Unreal is a plus
- Driver license is a plus
- Reporting to the head of Software
- The working location is in our Belgium headquarter in Wavre (French speaking part of Belgium).
- Home working is possible on certain days if the project allows.
- The Software Engineer has to travel on site for the installation of the ride (could be up to 20% of the time traveling for missions up to 3 weeks on site all around the world)